Inspired by the discussion of “when we worship,” this week we’ll learn why we worship God in affliction, trouble, or hardships. Reasons to worship God during the “good times” are often in abundance, but is there an equal abundance of reasons to worship God in the “bad times?”
Read 2 Corinthians 11:23-28, 2 Corinthians 1:8-11, 2 Corinthians 1:3-5, 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, and 2 Corinthians 4:17.
- What kind of afflictions [difficult circumstances] did Paul experience throughout his life and ministry?
- What was the purpose of these afflictions?
- Was Paul comforted by God? How?
- Did Paul worship God while he experienced affliction?
- What were Paul’s reasons for worshipping God during affliction?