I know what you’re thinking. Answering the questions, “How do we receive peace?” and “How do we experience peace?” seems repetitive, but the two questions require different answers. Receiving peace pertains to acquiring or obtaining peace with God, and the peace of God. Experiencing peace describes the characteristics of peace, and in what kind of circumstances the peace of God is experienced.
Read Isaiah 26:3.
- What characteristic of peace is described in this verse?
Read Philippians 4:7.
- How is the peace of God described in this passage?
- What does “surpasses all understanding” mean?
- How does peace “guard” our hearts and minds?
Read 2 Thessalonians 3:16.
- Based on this passage, when can we experience the peace of God?