Throughout the Old Testament there are numerous prophecies [predictions of the future divinely inspired] testifying of the birth, ministry, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ. Knowledge of these Messianic prophecies is important in understanding Jesus’ ministry, God’s sovereignty, the Bible, and our faith.
Read the following passages of Scripture and reflect on how they relate to Jesus:
- Isaiah 7:14 & Matthew 1:23-25.
- Zechariah 9:9 & Matthew 21:1-11.
- Psalm 22:16 & John 20:25-27.
- Psalm 22:18 & Matthew 27:35-36.
- Psalm 16:10 & Mark 16:6-7.
What do these passages teach you about:
- Jesus’ Ministry?
- God’s Sovereignty?
How do these passages change your perception of the Bible?