Christians are called to read the Bible devotionally, obediently, and prayerfully while depending on the Holy Spirit, working through faith, to bring about Christ-centered transformation in their lives. The Holy Spirit transforms individuals into a truer image of Christ by enabling us to correctly understand God’s Word, and empowering us to actively and logically study the Bible.
Read Multiply pgs. 124 – 126 & pgs. 133 – 136.
- What does considering the context of verses in the Bible mean?
- Why is the context important?
Read Multiply pgs. 127 – 128.
- Is there a difference between interpretation and application?
- Are there multiple interpretations of scripture?
Read Multiply pgs. 129 – 131.
- How do we find the “plain meaning” of scripture?
Read the “Let Go of Your Baggage” Section of Multiply on pg. 136.
- Why is it important to abandon our “baggage” when we read the Bible?